Southeast Motorcycle Forum
December 14, 2018, 10:26:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wife and an Old Buddy helped find some "skuuter racin' pics & info"  (Read 57348 times)
skuuter
Global Moderator
Ghost Rider w/3rd Degree Black Belt

"PEDALING THE SOUTHEAST"

In My Garage:
Catrike 30 speed Recumbent Trike...Bianchi single speed Track Bike...TREK Farley Fat Tire Bike

Awards
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
Go Up « previous next » Go Down

...after Page 3, no one would notice the NASCAR Pics anyway.....

I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO, BEST WAY TO REALIZE THE DANGER OF YOUR PACE IS WHEN IT GOES FROM THAT SPEED TO ZERO REALLY ABRUPTLY.....MIGHTA' BEEN FASTER THAN YOU THOUGHT.....SKUUTER

PEDALING IS SLOWER AND HEALTHIER.....SKUUTER

::
Cruz
Ghost Rider

Awards
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2010, 01:36:07 PM »

Well there is always Page 3!

Happens to be the best page on Semf at this moment....thanks Nomo  icon_thumleft  icon_thumright  headbang
Hey Cruz, Nomo's in right!!!   laughing7  laughing7

Ohhhh yaaa, hes in  icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

RandyM
RandyM, Sasquatch extraordinaire!
Global Moderator
Ghost Rider

In My Garage:
2003 Nomad 1500, 2008 KLR 650, 2009 Concours 14 ABS

Awards
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »

That makes sense...I drove up 68 from Ducktown to Tellico a week ago and notice quite a few places were the constant rain was causing the road to break up.  There were several curves that were broken up a foot or two into the lane.

I thought 68 was closed somewhere up in that area?

2008 KLR 650 and 2009 Concours 14 ABS
Sugar Hill, GA

RandyM
RandyM, Sasquatch extraordinaire!
Global Moderator
Ghost Rider

In My Garage:
2003 Nomad 1500, 2008 KLR 650, 2009 Concours 14 ABS

Awards
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »

Well there is always Page 3!

NICE headbang

2008 KLR 650 and 2009 Concours 14 ABS
Sugar Hill, GA

NOMOKRASH (aka CTD aka Charlie)
Ghost Rider

The Triplets are ready to ride!

In My Garage:
08 Kawasaki Versys, 08 Suzuki GSX-R600 and 12 Yamaha FJR

Awards
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2010, 05:59:38 AM »

Ok, back to our NASCAR debate!  I think this is a good example of the real differences between NASCAR and many other forms of racing.   http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/tom_bowles/02/13/danica.nationwide.debut/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said I couldn't!

skuuter
Global Moderator

"PEDALING THE SOUTHEAST"

In My Garage:
Catrike 30 speed Recumbent Trike...Bianchi single speed Track Bike...TREK Farley Fat Tire Bike

Awards
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2010, 07:29:52 AM »

NICE Find NOMO.....believe me, it is a tough Sport, even on the "Saturday Night Short Track Tours" around the Country.....and like it or not, I still think NASCAR has the Best Management and PR Departments of any Motorsport. Most of the Others would rarely/barely have a venue to be seen on TV if not for NASCAR's Success.....Yes, SPEED Channel's bills get paid primarily off NASCAR..... headbang occasion14

I LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO, BEST WAY TO REALIZE THE DANGER OF YOUR PACE IS WHEN IT GOES FROM THAT SPEED TO ZERO REALLY ABRUPTLY.....MIGHTA' BEEN FASTER THAN YOU THOUGHT.....SKUUTER

Mr. Gramps
The Dogfather
Ghost Rider

Dakes, he'll lick you or himself in a single hound

In My Garage:
Me for now, but even thats looking shakey....

Awards
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »

NICE Find NOMO.....believe me, it is a tough Sport, even on the "Saturday Night Short Track Tours" around the Country.....and like it or not, I still think NASCAR has the Best Management and PR Departments of any Motorsport. Most of the Others would rarely/barely have a venue to be seen on TV if not for NASCAR's Success.....Yes, SPEED Channel's bills get paid primarily off NASCAR..... headbang occasion14
Ya probably right on them being the best Management and PR departments in the country as far as Nascar racing but they need to get the ph*** outta AMA racing, they're trying to turn MC racing into a Nascar circus and its pretty much destroyed the sport. Back to Nascar.....yeah it takes skill, balls and a V of steel to run but as far as i'm concerned it doesn't touch on the real abilities of a vehicle....turning both ways!! Dunno how ya can compare say Daytona to Laguna Seca, elevation changes, blind corners ect....
I ain't ever gunna convince the Nascar crowd their sport sucks in comparison because its its own sport, good in its own way and quite frankly not fair to judge against other forms of racing. I enjoy it for what it is but wont pick it over Touring car, Grand Am or F1 as a event i'd go and see.

Now i'm a squid i've gotta learn to eat fish..i've become so slippery i'm unsuckable
G-Spot says ahhhhh, then Eh.......

skuuter
Global Moderator

"PEDALING THE SOUTHEAST"

In My Garage:

Awards
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »

Ya probably right on them being the best Management and PR departments in the country as far as Nascar racing but they need to get the ph*** outta AMA racing, they're trying to turn MC racing into a Nascar circus and its pretty much destroyed the sport. Back to Nascar.....yeah it takes skill, balls and a V of steel to run but as far as i'm concerned it doesn't touch on the real abilities of a vehicle....turning both ways!! Dunno how ya can compare say Daytona to Laguna Seca, elevation changes, blind corners ect....
I ain't ever gunna convince the Nascar crowd their sport sucks in comparison because its its own sport, good in its own way and quite frankly not fair to judge against other forms of racing. I enjoy it for what it is but wont pick it over Touring car, Grand Am or F1 as a event i'd go and see.

Actually, MY FAVORITE RACIN' SPORT is R/C Car Racin'..... laughing7 laughing7 laughing7.....another thing that makes NASCAR so tough is They still enforce rules that keep the cars usin' rear wheel drive, and suspension systems that are based on 60s type a-arms, steerin' gears, etc. ...even though the horsepower has tripled that You are tryin' to stick down.... headbang

fknflyn@73
Chief Cricket
Ghost Rider

In My Garage:
Ol'86, and an FZ-09 dream !

Awards
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2010, 09:23:48 AM »

A racing sport not yet mentioned, and one of my favs are the World Class Rally Car races..... most often NOT seen on TV much anymore.....  pure guts 'n a hell of alot of talent drivin' those machines...  I've seen local SCCA meets here, but they pale in comparison to the world class events..... The Danes have (had) that pretty much to themselves in the winner's circle.....  any name ending in ...nen was the usual winner.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:27:16 AM by Wheatie » Logged

Sweat evaporates quicker than flesh heals, dress for the crash not the ride. ATGATT

My name is Scott and I play a VFR ! 

If you begin to hear ants screaming, gimme some of whatever you're takin'  !  

NOMOKRASH (aka CTD aka Charlie)
Ghost Rider

The Triplets are ready to ride!

In My Garage:
08 Kawasaki Versys, 08 Suzuki GSX-R600 and 12 Yamaha FJR

Awards
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »

WRC is something that is amazing, but I don't understand how to watch it.  Watch everyone go by and then hurry up and get to the next spot to watch them go by.

Driving in something like that would be incredible.  I get the sport, just not the spectating.

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said I couldn't!

skuuter
Global Moderator

"PEDALING THE SOUTHEAST"

In My Garage:

Awards
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:05 PM »

WRC is something that is amazing, but I don't understand how to watch it.  Watch everyone go by and then hurry up and get to the next spot to watch them go by.

Driving in something like that would be incredible.  I get the sport, just not the spectating.

......and the spectators are sometimes standin' right against the track, even in corners...."SCARY"..... dontknow dontknow dontknow

fknflyn@73
Chief Cricket
Ghost Rider

In My Garage:

Awards
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2010, 01:12:44 PM »

......and the spectators are sometimes standin' right against the track, even in corners...."SCARY".....   

The events I watched were in the local mountains.  We would watch at one venue then go to another, no hurry really.  By the time we would get to another venue, we'd be ahead of the pack most of the time.... pretty good stuff !

........and I agree - spectator safety is out of touch ! !   Also difficult to control.  Guess that's part of the excitement for some people...   not me  ! ! !    TV offered the best possible viewing, imo....   some of those camerapeople were as nuts as the spectators.... ! ! !   

Sweat evaporates quicker than flesh heals, dress for the crash not the ride. ATGATT

Mr. Gramps
The Dogfather
Ghost Rider

Dakes, he'll lick you or himself in a single hound

In My Garage:
Me for now, but even thats looking shakey....

Awards
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2010, 01:29:36 PM »

......and the spectators are sometimes standin' right against the track, even in corners...."SCARY".....   

The events I watched were in the local mountains.  We would watch at one venue then go to another, no hurry really.  By the time we would get to another venue, we'd be ahead of the pack most of the time.... pretty good stuff !

........and I agree - spectator safety is out of touch ! !   Also difficult to control.  Guess that's part of the excitement for some people...   not me  ! ! !    TV offered the best possible viewing, imo....   some of those camerapeople were as nuts as the spectators.... ! ! !   

I believe Discovery HD shows the WRC, i've watched it many times since i've had the ability to and it is truely amazing, those drivers and Navs are as nuts as anyone in racing. Not sure about spectating either...same as the desert racing we have out West, its fine for a coupla minutes but if ya can only see 1/20th of the track i'll take the Tv coverage and save some $$$, they almost get it all. My buddys setting up a truck to go racing so i'm anticipating many weekends out in the dirt and sand, hope I can stay interested.

Now i'm a squid i've gotta learn to eat fish..i've become so slippery i'm unsuckable
G-Spot says ahhhhh, then Eh.......

skuuter
Global Moderator

"PEDALING THE SOUTHEAST"

In My Garage:

Awards
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »

WRC is something that is amazing, but I don't understand how to watch it.  Watch everyone go by and then hurry up and get to the next spot to watch them go by.

Driving in something like that would be incredible.  I get the sport, just not the spectating.

The events I watched were in the local mountains.  We would watch at one venue then go to another, no hurry really.  By the time we would get to another venue, we'd be ahead of the pack most of the time.... pretty good stuff !

........and I agree - spectator safety is out of touch ! !   Also difficult to control.  Guess that's part of the excitement for some people...   not me  ! ! !    TV offered the best possible viewing, imo....   some of those camerapeople were as nuts as the spectators.... ! ! !  

I believe Discovery HD shows the WRC, i've watched it many times since i've had the ability to and it is truely amazing, those drivers and Navs are as nuts as anyone in racing. Not sure about spectating either...same as the desert racing we have out West, its fine for a coupla minutes but if ya can only see 1/20th of the track i'll take the Tv coverage and save some $$$, they almost get it all. My buddys setting up a truck to go racing so i'm anticipating many weekends out in the dirt and sand, hope I can stay interested.

My Cousins, Kenneth and Larry Hargrove used to race the Desert Trucks years ago.... headbang.....They lived outside Los Angeles, then moved to Texas. Kenneth died a few years ago of a Brain Tumor...... sad1

fknflyn@73
Chief Cricket
Ghost Rider

In My Garage:

Awards
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »

I believe Discovery HD shows the WRC,

I'll check the internet for times, but if you get a handle on when they're on, lemme know ! !   I'd love to see 'em again.  It's been a long time. 

icon_thumright

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.3.1 © 2008-2009, SimplePortal